4 cups of sliced peeled fresh peaches ( I used frozen to save lots of time)
1/2 cup of oj
2 Tb brown sugar
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 cup all purpose flour
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 egg lightly beaten
2 Tbs melted butter or margarine (used tub margarine)
Topping: (I didn't measure these out to save time just sprinkled)
1 tsp sugar
1/8 tsp or a dash of ground cinnamon
1. In a bowl combine peaches, oj, brown sugar and cinnamon (if using frozen fruit let thaw first)
2. Spray a baking dish with nonstick spray
3. Pour peach mixture into bottom of the baking dish
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
5. In a med size bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder.
6. Add the egg and melted butter and mix until crumbly. Mine was a little more doughy than would be defined as crumbly.
7. Sprinkle crumble mix over the top of the peaches in the baking dish... if yours is more doughy also no worries just dot the peaches all over using the entire crumble mix. It still turns out very well!
8. sprinkle with sugar cinnamon topping and bake for 40-45 minutes until topping is golden brown and filling is bubbly.
Serve warm possibly with some frozen vanilla yogurt! :) This makes 6 servings. When I made it I cut the recipe in 1/2 to make 3 servings. One for me and my husband and then one serving for my husband's lunch.
1 serving = 245 calories, 5 g fat, 46mg cholesterol, 90mg sodium, 48 g carbs, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein
This recipe is from: Light & Tasty Magazine August/September 2003