Sunday, November 25

8 ways to use leftover pumpkin

I love fall. It's by far my favorite season. Social websites and recipe websites are exploding with fall foods. These delicious meals definitely include the ultimate eating/cooking/celebration day of thankfulness and food, a.k.a. Thanksgiving. While many bloggers are sharing thanksgiving tips I wanted to mention a weird problem that I had recently regarding fall food.... the leftover pumpkin puree. I am talking about that little bit of leftover pumpkin you didn't need for a recipe, that is staring at you from the can on your counter. You really don't want to throw it away, but what can you make with only a cup or less of pumpkin? The student in me wants to raise my hand and shout, "I know. I know. I know. Please call on me." I have complied a list to reference in the off chance you find some leftover pumpkin. It sounds odd, but just in case here is your plan b. 


leftover pumpkin recipes: 


1. 3 Grain Walnut Pumpkin Pancakes. This breakfast/brunch recipe calls for 1/3 cup of pumpkin puree


2. Pumpkin Bread - This recipe calls for 1 cup of pumpkin puree.


3. Autumn Chocolate Chip Cookies - This cookie recipe calls for  1/2 cup of pumpkin puree

4. Pumpkin pasta - this fun dinner recipe recipe calls for 8 oz of pumpkin puree

5. Pumpkin French Toast. This brunch recipe tastes like dessert and is super easy for everyday fall dining. The recipe calls for 1/4 cup pumpkin puree..

6. Veggie Soup. Click here for great recipe which also uses up leftover cut up veggies. Uses 2/3 cup pumpkin and can be made in less than 40 minutes. 

Other fun recipes I haven't personally tried (yet) but will soon are: 

1. Pumpkin Chocolate Pie from Krista's blog
calls for 1 cup pumpkin puree

2. Pumpkin (or squash) Shepherds Pie from a Sunset magazine article: 
calls for 2 1/2 pounds of pumpkin or squash

Please add to the list if you have ideas for a little bit leftover pumpkin puree. The more the merrier. 
From my kitchen to yours



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel to comment about the pictures or recipe above. Looking forward to reading your comments. Happy reading, cooking, eating, and sharing good food!