3 pieces of bacon raw
1 Tb brown sugar
2 cups whole wheat white flour
1 3/4 cup 1% milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil (or another mild tasting one)
4 tsp baking powder
1 really ripe mushy black banana
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 Tbs brown sugar
possible toppings: butter, fresh sliced strawberries, syrup, powdered sugar,
chopped nuts, and/or whipped cream + whatever sounds good
1. Mix together the eggs, milk, vanilla, and vegetable oil. Whisk until fluffy.
2. Cook the bacon until almost crisp on one side. Flip it. Sprinkle 1 Tb brown sugar over the top of the bacon. Keep it on this side until the bacon is done. Let it cool and then break into small pieces.
3. Add in the rest of the ingredients to the batter. Stir until combined. Will be thick batter. Fold in the bacon and some of the bacon drippings (wink). Its okay. Just go with it.
4. Heat up your waffle maker. One of these days I need to buy a cute one that makes heart shapes something fun instead of my single two square one that I bought for $5 someplace when I was 18. Yikes over a decade ago. Yeah thats lets not talk about that.
5. Cook your waffles and enjoy with your fav toppings. Then make a tent in your living room to burn off the fat and sugar. It will all even out.
Store any leftovers in fridge or in a freezer bag in the freezer.
Enjoy your next breakfast!
From my kitchen to yours