Chocolate Crunch Cashew Cookies (Or granola)
Adapted from:King Arthur Flour Whole Grain Baking book
Made 10-12 cookies
1/4 cup unsalted butter, organic
1/4 + 1/8 cup sugar
1/3 cup cocoa powder, unsweetened
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 large egg
1 cup of old fashioned rolled oats, ground up in a food processor or coffee grinder
1 cup of salted cashew pieces or coarsely chopped cashews
1. Preheat your oven to 350
2. Lightly grease a baking sheet with butter, cooking spray, or use parchment paper
3. Mix the first 7 ingredients together in a large bowl. Then in the same large bowl, beat in the dry ingredients (ground oats, cashews).
5. Use your fingers or a flat bottom drinking glass, press the cookies down pretty flat.
6. Bake the cookies - 12 - 14 minutes.
7. Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool right there on the pan for a good 5-10 minutes. They will firm up when they have cooled but they are so crunchy they might crunch part way into a few pieces on ya :)
If you don't find this one to your liking, try it as homemade granola. Instead of using the dough to make round cookies... bake it flat for 12- 15 minutes and let it cool. Store in an air tight container. Eat for breakfast. Or just eat them all with lots of cold yummy white milk or as ice cream sandwiches.
From my kitchen to yours!