Tuesday, August 11

Best Ever Frosted Chocolate Brownies - healthy or not

When life hands you lemons, you should make some frosted chocolate brownies.


Life has been beating me up a little bit, the kids are sick, we got stuck at the hospital for 30 hours with a feverish little guy, and another day we spent another few hours at a walk in clinic for pink eye with another little guy. Things have been busy, yada yada yada welcome to another school year filled with germs! (tiny bit of sarcasm there - I might need some more coffee). Then I found the best ever chocolate brownie recipe. Things are much better now. Chocolate and coffee makes things easier, right? right.

Originally I was going to try this recipe and bring the finished little frosted squares of heaven with me to share with friends - but that was before both kiddos got sick. Probably not a good idea to share food from a sick house so we are stuck with a huge pan of delicious brownies. Darn? I guess I should admit here that even though they were made yesterday, the once was full big pan of brownies is now a half of pan of brownies. The kids, husband, and I have devoured half. Thank goodness this rave worthy dessert is healthy! This delicious easy recipe has both melted chocolate, cocoa powder, and a healthy secret ingredient, that I am not telling my family at least for the next year or two. They'll have to read this blog to find it. (insert evil laugh).



Yep, I hide healthy stuff in my family's food supply. I am that kind of mom and wife. I just don't care what they think. They are going to eat spinach in their burgers, eggplant and zucchini in their pasta, occasionally some blanched broccoli or cauliflower in their mac and cheese, and perhaps veggies and other fibrous healthy eats in their desserts. Honestly most of the time they don't notice, don't care either, and/or are used to it.

1- 0 Mom vs. the sugar laden society around us

This delish dessert has quite a bit of brown sugar which I intend to eventually mess with but for now these wonderful frosted brownie squares are the best I have ever eaten.  Click on over to the recipe here and try them for yourself. I do encourage you to share since it makes a huge batch and you might end up eating a half of pan in 2 days like we have.... oops. Moderation yeah that kinda just fell out of the window with this one.

The only changes I made to the original recipe were adding 1/4 cup of water to the blender because I wanted to make sure to get it as smooth as possible, I used a store bought chocolate frosting for the top, and halved the amount of nuts because my hubby doesn't care for them - personal preference.

So make these and enjoy the best brownies ever... healthy or not. 
Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel to comment about the pictures or recipe above. Looking forward to reading your comments. Happy reading, cooking, eating, and sharing good food!