I love that I made this cinnamon rolls with stuff I already in my fridge, like the prepared dough. It was like half of the work was already done. When talking to one of my favorite people, my sister in law, she suggested making it more dessert-like since I was sort of disappointed that the first loaf was more bread like instead of cake like, like banana bread is more cake dessert-ish.
So here is part two of your Turkish bread recipe:
1. almost one pound of leftover Turkish pear coffee bread dough
2. 2 pears, peeled and chopped
3. 1/2 Tbs apple juice
4. 1 + 1/2 tsp lemon juice
5. 1/3 cup sugar
6. 1/4 tsp nutmeg
7. 1/4 tsp cardamom (to mirror flavors in the bread)
8. a dash of salt
9. Confectioners sugar or powdered sugar (for garnish)
1. Peel and chop the pears.
2. Add the pears, apple juice, and lemon juice into a nonstick saucepan. Once you get the small amount of sauce to boil turn down to low. Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the pears are soft.
4. Add the spices to the pear mixture.
4. Now for the caramel part.... (deep breath) Hopefully you have done this before. This is the part I need to practice (hahaha). Take the sugar to a pan and watch it slowly melt and turn amber colored. Once the color changes remove it from the heat. Stir lots!!! This is an understatement. I had crystallized bits in mine because I don't think I was stirring as often as you need to. Cooking is an adventure, right?
6. Pour the heated sugar (should be in thick liquid form) into the pear mixture. Mine didn't sputter or splash but I have heard it might... so just be careful. Stir it together to combine.
|I was so nevous about this part. V= victory with my fingers crossed!|
8. Spread the chunky or smooth (depending on how yours came out) caramelized pear butter over the top of the rectangle.
9. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Evenly roll up the rectangle into a log shape and cut into even pieces.
10. Bake for approx 25 minutes until golden. Sprinkle with fine powdered sugar or icing of your choice. Psst icing is super easy butter & powdered sugar...
11. Eat with friends and family :)
Have a great day! From my kitchen to yours