Monday, February 18

Bacon Guacamole with Fish Tacos


Oh wow. I think. I stumbled across something EPIC yesterday. I mean, of course, bacon adds flavor to food, but wow. Combining bacon and guacamole made me want to sing, and dance across the room. On top of some chips or tacos this bacon delight is the perfect completion to your next dinner, party, or game. Originally I was going to make this for friends and the time just got away from me. So this salty, creamy dip ended up as part of my family's taco night.  It took about 8 minutes to prep and put together. Overall the recipe is very easy, very speedy, and even the most basic of cooks can handle this no problem. Don't settle for plain ol' store bought guacamole when this is only a handful of ingredients and less than 10 minutes away. I know this memorable dip will be making more appearances in my home, especially during football season! 


Serves 3 or 4 or ummm two in our house last night
Recipe from Kevin at Closet Cooking - most flavorful and amazing blog you have to check it out.  Here's the link to his website. Click here. Enjoy! 

Bacon Guacamole Ingredients

2 large ripe avocados
1/4 of a red onion approx 1/4 cup ( I didn't measure)
1 jalapeƱo ( I took the seeds out of mine since I have a youngster)
2 Tbs cilantro (healthy handful)
1 medium sized tomato, diced
1/4 tsp salt. kosher, course
1/8 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp cumin
1 tsp lime juice
1 tsp lemon juice (added this to the original recipe)
4 strips of bacon, cooked to a crisp


Directions

1. Cook the bacon until crispy. Pat the grease off and crumble it into a small bowl

2. Mash the avocados slightly, in a medium sized bowl, if you like chunky guac, just leave it all in chunks

3. Combine all the ingredients in the medium sized bowl.

4. Taste and adjust the seasonings as needed. This was pretty mild as far as heat. I kept it on the mild/medium side for my kiddo, but feel free to add heat by adding another jalapeno, more pepper, or even some red pepper flakes.

5. Serve with chips or on tacos or just grab a spoon! 



2 comments:

Please feel to comment about the pictures or recipe above. Looking forward to reading your comments. Happy reading, cooking, eating, and sharing good food!