This recipe is from a cooking light magazine and the original can be found here.
Serving size: 1 Sandwich. Recipe makes 4 servings.
3 Tb yellow cornmeal
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground coriander
1/8 tsp ground red pepper
1/2 tsp smoked sweet paprika
1/4 tsp heaping chipotle chile powder
4 (4-6 oz each) tilapia fillets
cooking spray or foil and butter (whatever your go to is for non stick)
2 Tbs butter, softened
1/2 tsp lime juice
1/2 tsp grated lime peel
toppings for the sandwich: cheese, tomato, lettuce
bread: 4 french bread rolls
1. Preheat the broiler
2. Combine all the seasonings and cornmeal in a shallow dish
3. Pat the fish dry and then coat each one in the seasoned cornmeal
4. Use the cooking spray to prevent sticking on a broiler pan or baking sheet. I used foil, and a cooling rack over a baking sheet to help the air circulate and create that crunchy crust.
5. Broil for approx 10 minutes for until the fish flakes easily with a fork
6. While the fish is cooking, set the table, whip up a side dish such as a salad or fresh fruit, or grapes (like the picture in the magazine), and combine the butter, lime peel, and lime juice in a small bowl. If you have more time this would be great with fries, onion rings, or sweet potato fries.
7. Serve the fish sandwiches with the rolls and let each person top their french bread buns with the lime butter.
8. Serve immediately and enjoy
In conclusion, here is a good easy fun recipe for weeknights when you look at the clock and wonder if it is better to eat out or attempt to eat at home. no reservations or fast food restaurants are needed when you can do dinner in 15 minutes!!