But you asked ME what I preferred.... welll
While I do like someone else bringing me unlimited amounts of coffee, and putting up with my somewhat loud and playful son at a decent but chain like restaurant, I would rather eat at a cafe. This bread I made for valentines day made AMAZING french toast. It was just like something I had dreamed up in a cafe. The bread itself was amazing fresh out of the oven with some butter. It was not too sweet, but so flavorful. I love the fact that I could use the leftovers in a new way. I suspect it would be excellent as a dessert as well in a bread pudding. If you missed the whole grain berry bread recipe, shame on you, no just kidding. Please click here for the link. If you are concerned about time, no stress... the bread dough can made in advance and kept covered in the fridge.
Making Berry French Toast
Serves 3 (2 pieces each)
Easy Five Step Recipe
1/2 loaf of whole grain berry bread
1/4 cup milk
2-3 Tbs powdered sugar (optional)
1/4 tsp cinnamon, each piece
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1. Cut the bread into thick pieces.
2. Mix up the egg, milk in a flat dish and dip each piece of bread in it. Each piece should be dripping with egg.
3. Fry up these delicous bread pieces in a flat skillet with a tiny bit of cooking spray or oil or melted butter 3-5 minutes each side - until browned and delicous
4. Sprinkle cinnamon over the top of each one while they are cooking. Dump any remaining egg mixture around the bread to create a bit of eggy texture.
5. After cooking serve hot with french bread favorites such as butter, syrup, fresh berry topping, powdered sugar
Eat & enjoy.
The cafe yummy brunch can be in your kitchen this week.
I can hear your taste buds rejoicing.
From my kitchen to yours