Takes approx 30 minutes
Note: Can be multipled easily to serve more people. Breading could cover up to 6 fillets.
1 cup white rice
1 steam of fresh rosemary (for the rice) + 1 Tbs of fresh rosemary (for the sauce) + 1 Tbs fresh rosemary (for the chicken breading)
1 bay leaf
1 cup of water
1 cup of chicken broth (for the rice) + 1/2 cup of chicken broth (for the sauce)
10 Ritz crackers ( I used whole wheat but use whatever you have on hand)
3 oz of cream cheese
2 Tbs white wine
1 Tbs dried parsley
2 Tbs mozzarella shredded cheese (grated also works)
1 Tbs oil
4 skinless boneless chicken breast halves
Your favorite frozen veg (tonight we had peas)
1. Cook the rice. Put the rice, chicken broth, water, bay leaf in a pot. Turn the heat up and until it begins to boil and then put the steam of rosemary right on top. Cover and turn the stove down to low. Set the timer for approx 20 minutes.
2. Start heating a large skillet with the oil for the chicken and put a pot of water on half filled for your choice of frozen vegetable.
3. Smash and combine the breading mixture in a large gallon sized bag. Combine the crackers, cheese, rosemary.
4. Drop one chicken fillet or chicken breast half in the bag to coat at a time. Shake it around and immediately put it in the hot skillet. Cook the chicken for approx 10 minutes on each side. If you pound the chicken a little to ensure even thickness you will have an easier time getting them all done at the same time, and it will cook faster.
|Moist, Yummy, Crunchy Chicken|
5. Once you turn over the chicken, and it is half way done, put your favorite veg into the hot water. It just needs to be brought to a boil and then you can turn that burner off. You don't want mushy veggies.
6. When the chicken is done place them on a plate near the stove to stay warm or cover the plate with foil. Keep the heat on medium on the skillet to make the sauce. Pour the chicken broth and white wine in the skillet and use a spoon to get some of the bits of flavor up off the bottom. Stir the cream cheese into it. Once everything is fully combined and it comes to a boil add in the parsley and rosemary and you are done.
7. Serve the the sauce over the chicken and the rice with the vegetable.
I hope you enjoy it.
From my Az kitchen to yours.