|P.S. This will make your house smell AMAZING!|
Harvest Apple Pie Pancakes
Makes approx 8-10 pancakes (using 1/4- 1/2 measuring cups)
Prep time is about 5 minutes
Cook time is 7-10 minutes for the entire batch
Recipe adapted from Apple Blintz Pancakes. Click on the title to see the original recipe.
1 cup whole wheat white flour
1/4 cup all purpose flour
1 Tbs white sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon + 1/4 tsp cinnamon (divided)
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp allspice
1/2 Tbs baking powder
1/4 cup of cottage cheese
1 cup of milk
1 apple, sliced thinly, peel left on
1/4 cup of yogurt, plain organic
1. Mix all the wet ingredients together.
2. Add the dry ingredients into the wet.
3. Let the pancake mixture set for a 5 minutes to let the flavors blend
4. In a small nonstick saucepan put the apple slices and 1/4 tsp cinnamon on over medium heat. Let the apples soften and cook for 5-10 minutes to your liking.
5. Spray your skillet or pan or griddle with nonstick spray.
6. Heat your pan or griddle to medium. To start your pancakes use 1/2 or 1/3 cup of pancake mix and spread it out a little to make a big circle for each one. I was able to fit 3 on a griddle.
7. Wait to flip the pancakes until the edges look done and there are some bubbles on the top side. You can also check the doneness and adjust the temperature by peeking at the other side with a corner of your spatula to see how dark the other side is getting.
8. Serve the finished pancakes with the apple cinnamon pieces and syrup or powdered sugar.
Enjoy this wonderfully fall breakfast
from my kitchen to yours