Homemade Creamed Corn
1 - 12 oz bag of frozen corn
1 jalapeño, minced
1 shallot, minced
1 Tb butter
1/2 Tb flour
1 Tb oil
3/4 cup of half and half
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Put corn in a large oven safe skillet and roast for 25-30 minutes
3. Saute the shallot and jalapeño in oil & butter until softened approx. 3 minutes.
4. Pull the corn out of the oven. Add the melted butter, shallot, and jalapeño to the corn. Sprinkle the flour over everything and stir and let it cook out another 2-3 minutes on the stove.
5. Add the half and half and cook another 3-5 minutes until its thickened.
Enjoy this sweet and slightly spicy creamy side dish.
You don't need a rely upon canned creamed corn
from my kitchen to yours