Friday, January 24

Bacon Parmesan Cheeseburgers










Two weeks ago I did a massive shopping trip and baking weekend in hopes of getting through 3 weeks without having to go to the store. We have been super busy and I just wanted to take some of the pressure off. My new years resolution of a more relaxed year with has already plummeted into the dirt. Between my husband's work, college, homework, orchestra, all my son's activities, and my doctors appointments every 3 days, its no wonder I wanted a more relaxed year. Although with all those things already scheduled I think I could've foreseen this resolution not getting far. But it was a nice daydream while it lasted for 3 minutes 27 seconds. 

So... how are your new year's resolutions going? 

Two lessons learned from my big shopping trip are deli sliced cheese gets eaten about the same rate no matter how much I buy (disconcerting), and also that a good chunk of parmesan cheese keeps really well and no one tries to snack on it. I heart cheese of any kind but I knew when I saw this recipe for Bacon Parm Burgers that this would be something tasty that I could shop for in advance and make later. Bacon keeps well in the fridge and freezer, parmesan cheese keeps well, and buns can be frozen then defrosted. Cheers to eating well even not right after you shopped. I will have some more fun ideas in the next week or two with other recipes that work well from your pantry, fridge, and freezer. Stay tuned. 

Note the recipe isn't mine I wish I could take credit for this genius idea. These juicy cheesy burgers were amazingly good! Nevertheless checkout Center Cut Cook blog for some other great ideas. Burgers + weekend = good times. 


Bacon Parm Cheeseburgers

prep + cook time: 20 minutes
serves 3 adults - recipe doubles easily
recipe from Center Cut Cook (wonderful blog)




Ingredients
1 lb of beef
1/4 tsp parsley
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp salt
3 Tbs melted butter
3 pieces of bacon, cooked your fav way
1/2-3/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
hamburger buns or rolls
cheseburger fixings: mustard, ketchup, pickles, onions, lettuce, tomato, ect. 

Directions
1- Preheat your grill or bbq

2- Bake up some bacon and set it aside on some paper towels to rest while everything else finishes up. I had some leftover from another meal that I saved. 

3- Melt the butter.

4- Stir together all the seasonings in a small bowl. Scoop out 1/2 tsp of the combined mix and whisk into the butter.

5- Form three large patties with the beef - pushing a thumb indent in the middle of each one so it doesn't form a hill while it cooks. 

6- Season each patty by sprinkling each side with the remaining spices

7- Grill the beef - approx 5-7 minutes over medium for each side or until your meat is cooked to your preference. Be sure to use foil or oil if needed to prevent sticking. Don't press down on the meat to make it cook faster or the natural juices will run out and your burger will dry out. I cooked mine for 4-5 minutes over medium and then flipped them over to the non heated side of the grill for a few minutes with the lid down to make sure the insides were well done and then moved them back over to the flame side to finish up and melt the cheese. LOL we like well done burgers in my family. 

8- Bacon & Cheese: Once the burgers are half way done - top each one with cheese and bacon. My bacon was cold from the fridge so I thought it was a clever way to reheat it and crisp it up. If you are baking bacon fresh for this its up it to you when you put the bacon on. My son didn't like how crispy the bbq made the bacon. I loved the extra crunch and smokier taste that bbq gives food. 

9- Buns: after putting the cheese and/or bacon on the burgers spread the melted seasoned butter over the buns and throw them on a grill or bbq to toast up. Garlic and other Italian flavors really compliment the cheese and bacon well. Your mouth and stomach will rejoice over this flavorful easy dinner.

10- Serve them up with all your fav fixings. I kept mine simple with mustard, ketchup, and pickles.

The obvious and fun sides to any burgers are fries, chips, fresh crunchy veggies, potato salad, any steamed veg, ect. 
Enjoy from my kitchen to yours

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel to comment about the pictures or recipe above. Looking forward to reading your comments. Happy reading, cooking, eating, and sharing good food!