Saturday, January 25

Grilled Garlic Chicken Avocado Burgers

These. Juicy. Flavorful. Healthy. Delicious. Easy Chicken Cheeseburgers were what we had for dinner tonight. 



Wow. I cannot believe I got so much flavor out of basically 5 ingredients plus salt and pepper. If its still freezing where you're at and you can't fire up the bbq just yet - you can make it indoors on a grill or using a grill pan. I know in Arizona bbq season is off-set from everyone else. I am still getting used to it myself. Something I don't have to get used to.... these burgers. This is way better than the standard cheeseburger!! 

I have seen this recipe multiple places on pintrest and other blogs but all sources were vague about how long to cook and how much of each spice. When I recreated this dish I increased one of my favorite flavors, garlic, because even ground chicken is a blank canvas when it comes to flavor. 

Cook + Prep time: 10-12 minutes
Serves 3

Ingredients: 
1 lb or so lean ground breast chicken 
1 clove of garlic finely diced
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 cup of panko bread crumbs
1/2 avocado carefully sliced into chunks
slices of cheddar & swiss cheese
1-2 tsp oil veg or olive
burger fixings: I kept mine simple with mayo and lettuce, and my kid only wanted ketchup. The meat is so flavorful you don't need to add much if anything. 

Directions:
1. Heat up your grill or bbq 

2. Mix all the spices and breadcrumbs into the meat. 

3. Fold in the avocado into the meat mixture. Do not smash it. I sure it'd taste just fine if you did but it looks so neat having those green pockets of goodness all over the place. 

4. Form it into 4 patties. Brush the tops with a bit of oil to help prevent sticking. Put them oil side down on the grill or bbq. Mine took 5 minutes on the first side then I flipped it and grilled it with the lid down for a minute to make sure the insides were 100% getting cooked - this is chicken we are talking about - no rare meat allowed. Then topped the burgers with cheese. So the cheese had time to melt for about 3 minutes. Each I put one piece of swiss and one piece of cheddar or just cheddar for my kiddo. I love the contrasting flavors and colors! I bet pepperjack cheese or a smoked or cheddar or smoked provolone would rock on this burger. 

5. Heat up your buns and serve the burgers hot once the cheese is melted. Great side dishes such as coleslaw, green salad, potato salad, crunchy sliced veggies, and/or chips and salsa will complete your meal.

UPDATE *Made this again recently and substituted regular plain breadcrumbs for the panko - bad choice. It changes the flavor too much. Chicken avocado burgers taste awesome with smoked cheddar cheese on top. Just wanted to share :) 

Enjoy! From my kitchen to yours 
Stephanie

Other related posts:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel to comment about the pictures or recipe above. Looking forward to reading your comments. Happy reading, cooking, eating, and sharing good food!