Thursday, December 10

Best gingerbread cupcakes

Helping out a friend I had purchased a gluten free "heathier" gingerbread cake mix awhile ago. Side note: I don't sell this mix. This is just a tutorial on how baking mixes can be used in fun ways. But the problem with cake is that you have to sit still to eat it.... So my family of ALL boys loves cupcakes no sitting no forks.... I'm sure you understand where I'm going with this. 2020 has been stressful so let's just add a little more chocolate on the top too. 


Here's how I turned cake mix into cupcakes: 



My cake mix called for 2 eggs, half a cup of oil, and 1/4 cup of molasses. I used 1 egg and 1/4 cup of oil and 3/4th of a cup of homemade pureed spinach. I took some spinach and some water and blended it up until it was thick like a green smoothie.  It says to bake the cake for 50 minutes at 350 degrees. I baked it in a cupcake lined cupcake pan for 18 minutes at 350 degrees. Then checked them with a tooth pick. I let them sit in the pan for a few minutes then let them finish cooling on a cooling rack before lightly frosting then with chocolate frosting. 



I highly recommend this baking mix, not only because it's heathy and light, but even with tweaking it to make cupcakes with extra veggies, it was so great. It had that classic gingerbread flavor without being super sappy sweet but not let the ginger go crazy and overpowering the entire dessert. Its easy to use and perfect for the holidays. 

Enjoy, 

Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel to comment about the pictures or recipe above. Looking forward to reading your comments. Happy reading, cooking, eating, and sharing good food!