Pull Apart Brunch.
Make this! You have to make this. I usually don't order people around but seriously. I couldn't believe how good it tasted. I will be playing with this idea for sure in the future with different ingredients :) My three year old gobbled 1/4th of this recipe down no questions asked.
Incase you need another reason to make this, it is ideal food for families and company because it requires no utensils. No silverware means more fun for kids, and less work and dishes for the host and/or parents. It also bakes up quickly and easily. You get it all ready, throw it in the oven, and then finish your coffee or conversations with your family. There isn't any standing at the stove, and you could have brunch on the table in 40 minutes or less. This warm, gooey, cheesy, bacon-y brunch or breakfast will have anyone still sleeping, awake by the time it is out of the oven :) Its filling enough to satisfy warm tummies before they have to wait in the cold at the bus stop, or before heading out to play in the snow. If its a weekday or weekend, holiday or school day - try this!
3 Tbsp milk
16 oz of dough ( I used pre-made biscuit dough)
1/2 package of bacon
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 or 2 green onions finely chopped (optional)
1. Cook your bacon the day of or night before.
2. (Day of) separate your dough into 8 individual little pieces
3. Heat your oven to 350 degrees. Use nonstick spray or butter to ready a large baking dish (mine was 8 x 8 and crowded - 11"x 7" might be better)
4. Whisk the eggs and milk together
5. Roll each dough piece into the milk mixture, each piece should be fully coated. Place each coated piece in the baking dish side by side, single layered.
6. Crumble or cut the bacon into pieces and toss it randomly over the baking dish
7. Cheese goes over the top of everything. Stir things around once gently... this is uncooked dough.
8. Bake for approx 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
9. Cut into pieces and serve with green onion sprinkled on top
Enjoy your amazing brunch!!
from my kitchen to yours