What you need:
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/4 cup light olive oil
- 1/2 tsp apple juice
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup or a handful of cilantro
- 3 tomatillos (approx 10 oz)
- 1 jalapeño I took the ribs and seeds out too keep it milder since I have a little guy
- 1/2 of an yellow delicious or similarly sweet apple, finely diced
- 1 small red onion
- juice of 1 whole lime (mine probably yielded 1 1/2 Tbs)
How to make it:
- Slice the red onion and tomatillos into thick large circles. Combine garlic, sugar, salt, olive oil, vinegar, juices, and finely chopped apple in a large bowl. Put the sliced onion and tomatilloes and stir them around so they are coated. Let the flavors combine in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Grill the red onion and tomatilloes outside or inside. See the picture.
- Put everything in a blender or food processor to dice everything but not puree it 30 seconds max.
- Serve it with chips, on burger, or hot dog or all three on a whole wheat bun/bread for an additional healthy punch.
- Pretend that its warm outside and summer time.
Even though its not summer
it can still taste like summer in your kitchen!
From my Az kitchen to yours