Friday, November 1

Easy Dreamy Roasted Cinnamon Apple Dessert

I hope you had a good safe halloween. I am so glad Fall is here. I know I have said it a zillion times but I am honestly very grateful for all the cool stuff that fall means to so many people, and all the fun memories that accompany this time of the year. 


Fall means many things... lately its been carrying a fruit-filled meaning: apples. This might explain the abundance of apple recipes in my blog either that or I need to switch grocery stores. Some of my favorite apple recipes are: crockpot chipotle apple turkey chili, apple pancakes, and apple walnut coffee cake. I love the smell of applesauce cooking away on the stove, and drinking hot apple cider when the weather starts to get cooler. And you know that commercial with the guy who gets stuck apple picking on a sunday and is upset about missing kickoff? I love football but that would make my fall. I haven't ever gone apple picking and would love it. 

So I have this apple dessert. Its not really a recipe just a couple steps to apple taste-bud heaven. The vanilla bean ice cream doesn't hurt either, right? Enjoy fall! Recipe is adapted from a Martha Stewart Living magazine Jan 2013 issue. 


Easy Dreamy Cinnamon Apple Dessert
serves 4
cook + prep time =  30-35 minutes


Directions & Ingredient List

Step 1: Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. 

Step 2: Clean and core 3 or 4 apples (averaging 1 per person for adult or 1/2 for kid sized)

Step 3: Cut 1 1/2 Tbs cold unsalted butter into small chunks and put them into the cored apples. 


Step 4: Put 1/2 tsp of cinnamon inside each apple

Step 5: Bake each apple on a baking sheet for 30 minutes or until they are soft but not falling apart. I used Gala apples and they are great at holding their shape.  

Step 6: Serve immediately with ice cream and/or walnuts, and or whipped cream or all of the above. 

Please note: It looks prettiest serving the apple whole with ice cream beside or on top of it - but being family friendly thats not the best way to eat it. Without burning your fingers, chop up apples into bite sized pieces and then top it with sweet cold ice cream. It will be less messy for kids and husbands I promise (wink). 

Delish & Easy :) 
Its nice when the fruit is the star of the dessert. 
From my kitchen to yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel to comment about the pictures or recipe above. Looking forward to reading your comments. Happy reading, cooking, eating, and sharing good food!