Friday, November 23

Italian White Pizza Dip


I hope you had a good Thanksgiving. Since turkey and football are equally important in my house, this year I was super excited about trying out lots of new "football foods" as the "real food" cooked in the oven, roaster, and stove. So starting off with the best thing I ate yesterday....this new hot cheesy rich Italian sausage homemade dip recipe. It was AMAZING!  This serves 3 - 5 people. But I should put that I accidentally ate half of this recipe while watching the Lions game. It was warm and gooey and cheesy and I couldn't stop. LOL don't be like me... Invite people over to eat it with your or bring it to someone's house. Any where you eat it I know you are going to enjoy it. 

Ingredients:
1/2 of a pint grape tomatoes
1/2 tsp canola oil 
1/8 tsp salt ( I used a course grind)
1/8 tsp pepper ( I used a course grind)
4 1/2 oz cream cheese
8 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 lb mild ground pork sausage (mild, sweet, Italian)
1/4 cup fresh basil
1/2 Tbs dried parsley
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1/2 Tbs Italian seasoning blend
1/2 Tbs minced garlic


Directions (super easy):

1. Preheat oven to 400

2. Line a baking sheet with foil


3. Place tomatoes on top of foil and sprinkle them with salt, pepper, and oil - make sure they are coated


4. Roast them until they burst approx 15-20 minutes


5. While they are in the oven - use the stove to fry up the pork. Drain the fat away and reserve the meat. 


6. Once the tomatoes are done and cooled a tiny bit - cut them in half

7. In a bowl stir together: the tomatoes, 4 oz of shredded mozzarella cheese, cream cheese, and fresh basil, parsley, garlic powder, minced garlic, and the cooked crumbled sausage


8. Divide the cheesy mixture into two ramekin/baking dishes


9. Top each baking dish or one large one with the rest of the shredded cheese and the 1/2 Tbs Italian seasoning blend. 


10. Bake for approx 15-20 minutes until its bubbly and golden 



11. Serve with tortilla chips or bread 



Enjoy the rest of football season!

From my kitchen to yours




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel to comment about the pictures or recipe above. Looking forward to reading your comments. Happy reading, cooking, eating, and sharing good food!