Makes 1 adult portion lunch sized salad
Done in less than 15 minutes - Yup. Perfect for easy lunch or dinner.
- 2 cups of fresh crisp romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 oz (3 or 4 pieces) of dried mango chopped
- 1/2 of a fresh mango chopped ( I shared the other half with my kiddo - he loves mango!)
- 1/2 cup of fresh pineapple, chopped (from a can)
- 1 pineapple bacon flavor chicken sausage cooked in water on the stove - approx 8 minutes then remove water and let it crisp up for 2-3 minutes over medium heat
- 1/4 cup of your favorite kind of nuts ( I used cashews)
- 1/4 of a golden delicious apple (something i also shared) sliced super thin in long strips.
This fresh crunchy wonderful salad doesn't even need any dressing with the fruit in there. The crunch of the lettuce and sweet juicy bites of fruit pair perfectly with the sweet flavored sausage. The only thing that would've made it better would've been some candied bacon in the salad too. Yes I know. Bacon makes everything better.
Have a wonderful summer sun filled day.
Enjoy some fruit and daydream about a tropical place.
From my nontropical kitchen to yours.