Sunday, October 13

Challenge 30 New Recipes in 30 days: Half Way Mark!

So this entry isn't about a recipe. But I think its a valid entry if you have been following my blog and know of my cooking/blogging goals. Have you ever been excited about a personal goal and worked hard to race towards it? How about when you set a goal and you are mid-way into it and all of sudden it started to feel like work? Did you make your goal or was it just out of reach? There's something definitive and measurable about making a goal. I guess it makes me feel good as a person. Our society promotes productivity as a whole. It becomes attached to self-worth of a person or entire people groups in some cases - but that's a separate issue. 

Recently, last month I posted a goal I wanted to achieve - cooking 30 new Rachael Ray recipes in 30 days. The goal was to cook and blog more constantly - everyday for a month. Turns out its a bit harder than I thought it would be - especially after a couple recipes just flopping. I do like challenges though and the first half is officially done! 


First Half Recipe List(plus one)

1. Avocado Tuna Bacon Salad (with homemade bacon mayo)
2. Rachael Ray's Spanish-Style Enchiladas
3. Rosemary Leek & Yellow Squash Soup
4. Pumpkin Spinach Quesadillas
5. Easy Braised Veggies in a Cream sauce
6. Crunchy Tarragon Chicken: Winner Winner Chicken Dinner
7. Beef & Spicy Chorizo Zucchini Chili
8. Turkey Curry & Cucumber Relish
9. Garlic Flatbread (eat with the ground turkey curry dish)
10. Sausage & Pepper Bacon Breakfast Muffins
11. Homemade Creamed Corn - Easy Side Dish
12. Peppered Candied Bacon & Egg Burgers on Ciabatta Bread
13. Grilled Chicken Broccoli Bowls (Take Out Fake Out)
14. Whole Wheat 3 Cheese, Kale & Sausage French Bread Pizza
15. Kale & Sausage Pasta
16.Spicy Zucchini Chicken Enchiladas w/ Creamy Tomatillo Sauce

My personal top favorites dinners of this list were the kale & sausage pasta, tarragon chicken, the spicy enchiladas (perfect heat level & make-ahead meal), and the bacon egg burgers. What a great two weeks of eating! Favorite side dishes were the garlic flatbread - I think I could eat that with anything, and the braised veggies. Yum! 

Please note I will be back in about a week to finish the second half of my Rachael Ray recipe list. I will be out of the kitchen this week recovering & taking it easy from a little outpatient thing I had yesterday. Have a great week!

Keep cooking :) 
from my computer to yours

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel to comment about the pictures or recipe above. Looking forward to reading your comments. Happy reading, cooking, eating, and sharing good food!